Contest 103 Rules
Official Contest Rules For
Furniture.ca Review & Win Contest (#103) (the “Contest”)
October 1st, 2017 – Sept 30, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
Quarterly Prize (the “Prize”)- There will be Four (4) Prizes, awarded one (1) per quarter during the contest period. Each prize is a promotional coupon code valued at $500 to be used towards a purchase online at Furniture.ca. Each Prize is valid on furniture and home décor regular price items only (not valid on appliances, electronics or mattresses and not valid on tax or delivery fees). Cannot be combined with any other offer. Not valid on any prior purchases. Prize has no cash value.
Who Can Enter
The Contest is open only to Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry.
Employees, representatives and agents of Furniture.ca and its owners, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
- Visit Furniture.ca during the Contest Period
- Search for the product you own using the search bar at the top of the page and go to the product page
- Click “Write a Review” at the base of the product page
- Write and submit your review
Limit one (1) entry per product review. Reviews/Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Reviews/Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid. All entries that are incomplete, altered, mutilated, tampered with, submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these rules (the “Contest Rules”) will be declared invalid. All entries become the property of Furniture.ca and will not be acknowledged or returned.
At the beginning of the contest, there are a total of four (4) prizes available to be won. The number of prizes available will reduce as awarded.
The Prize will be awarded for each of the 4 draw periods.
The draw will take place on the first business day of the quarter, in order to determine the winner of the previous quarter.
Each draw will be held electronically amongst all current furniture.ca email subscribers who registered during the contest period.
There is a limit of one (1) prize per person during the entire Contest Period.
Following each draw, the selected entrant will be contacted by email at the email address provided. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must:
Respond to the prize notification within 14 days ;
Correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill testing question; and
Sign a declaration stating that he/she:
has read, understands and has complied with the Contest Rules;
releases and discharges Furniture.ca and their respective owners, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates; and
consents to the announcement of the winner's name and the use by or on behalf of Furniture.ca of the winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation being paid to the winner.
The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by the contest closing date.
Failure to respond within the prescribed period and return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification.
Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in these rules, the prize will be automatically forfeited.
Furniture.ca accepts no liability for printing errors on material distributed for this contest.
In the event of unclaimed prizes, Furniture.ca reserves the right to not select alternative winners.
Laws and Regulations
- All federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. All expenses not specified herein, and all taxes and delivery charges on prizes, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Contest Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Decisions of Furniture.ca in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest Rules.
- Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Furniture.ca reserves the right to disqualify entrant and seek damages and other remedies to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Furniture.ca, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Furniture.ca may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
Limitation of Liability
All entrants further agree that Furniture.ca, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and employees shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize and acknowledge that the Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
Furniture.ca, its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees and agents, will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any entrant or any other person for:
any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered entries, regardless of the cause;
any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after entry ballets are submitted;
any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entry ballet to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.Furniture.ca website (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Furniture.ca or anyone for whom Furniture.ca is responsible, and notwithstanding that Furniture.ca may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
Consent to Personal Information use and Disclosure